Whether we like it or not, summer is here! School is ending, Memorial Day is this weekend, vacations/trips/retreats are about to happen, and it's getting hot! It seems like we started the new year but we're almost in June already. And though Community discontinues our regularly scheduled Wednesday night classes at church don't think that opportunities for spiritual growth don't and won't exist. Actually there will be many opportunities for everyone to get involved with God's Word and God's people during the summer:
- Ladies: study at Heather Nold's home - Tues 6:30-8:30 (begins June 2)
- Men: study at the church - Weds 6:30 - 7:30 (begins May 27)
- Youth: boys at the Skellies and girls at the McGinnises - Weds 6:30-8:00
- occasional Sunday evening worship services - first one on May 31 at 6:00
- some special evenings set aside for prayer - TBA
- if you're interested in a mentoring relationship (with 1 or others) please contact the church office; we'll gladly help arrange these opportunities
Of course we will always offer the steady diet of Sunday morning worship where God feeds us through Word and Sacrament. And make it a priority to attend worship even more regularly, knowing that you need to intentionally fight against the tendency to "take off" some during the summer.
This Sunday we will be in Genesis 32 where Jacob wrestles with God. Please read this text and pray for Quinn as he prepares to proclaim Christ to us.
This is a very special week for the Boykins as we celebrate another one of our boys getting married and another marvelous girl joining our family. Pray for Yates and Alyson as they start life together as husband and wife.