Join us for Worship 9:30 a.m.
Our great desire is that you know Jesus ... not just know about Him, but to have a personal relationship with Him. What joy it is to know the infinite, eternal, holy, God-man, king, and savior. The best way to do this is in the context of His people, the church. So come worship with us this Sunday morning and discover the amazing grace of Jesus Christ!
Stay for Sunday School and enjoy both great teaching and some wonderful fellowship with God's people. Classes are available for all ages.
Sunday School - 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
Something to consider
There's a lot of talk about why Millennials are dropping out of church ... books, articles, blogs, etc. all have varying theories and are sounding the alarm. Here are some good thoughts from a recent article bySam Eaton:
- only 20% of Americans under 30 believe attending church is important or worthwhile
- 59% of millennials raised in church have dropped out
- 35% of millennials have an anti-church stance
He goes on to give some of his own thoughts about what this generation is saying and why they are rejecting church in record numbers:
- nobody's listening to us
- we're sick and tired of hearing about values and mission statements
- helping the poor isn't a priority
- we're tired of you blaming the culture
- the "you can't sit with us" affect
- distrust and misallocation of resources
- we want to be mentored, not preached at
- we want to feel valued
- we want you to talk to us about controversial issues
- the public perception
- stop talking about us (unless you're actually going to do something)
- you're failing to adapt
Is Community Presbyterian in a position to wrestle with these matters? That's our desire ... so come and be a part of what the Lord is doing here at CPC to love and listen to a generation that needs to hear the good news!